Monday, January 6, 2014

A Rarity in Sports

Junior Cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu has announced today that he will be returning for his senior season at Oregon. He will be the only starter returning to the Alamo Bowl Champions.

“The two main factors related to my decision to return were my continued
 progression as a person and a player, and I felt Oregon was my best
option to achieve those goals and improve my situation for next year,”
Ekpre-Olomu told GoDucks. “I should be able to finish my degree by next
fall, possibly by the end of the summer. Football is only one phase of
who I am; my degree will be forever. Secondly was my ability to make an
impact and become a top (draft) pick, and I felt staying one more year
would only help me.”

Ekpre-Olomu was a projected 1st round pick with potential to possibly go in the top 10. He did drop a bit as the season wore on but I think some of that was due to the loss of them having a chance at the national title game.

No comments:

Post a Comment