Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly is aware of the investigation at Oregon. He released this statement:
“I am aware of the recent reports and of the ongoing investigation being conducted by the NCAA and the University of Oregon. While at Oregon, I know we were fully cooperative with all aspects of the investigation and I will continue to contribute in any way that I can. But until the NCAA rules on the matter, I will have no further comment.”

I am a fan of Chip Kelly and always have been because of his unique offense and play calling ways but if I remember correctly the NFL wants to have a say when someone flees college for the professional ranks after incidents like this. The NFL took steps in punishing Terrell Pryor after his NCAA violations and then leaving for the NFL. After Jim Tressel joined the Colts he was suspended for 6 games. Roger Goodell was quoted at the time saying "I think it was clear that if they (Colts) didn't take an appropriate action, I would have taken appropriate action". I will be curious to see if they hold their head coaches in the same regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment