Monday, September 8, 2014

Tonights Preview

New York Giants at Detroit Lions: 
The New York Giants offense has looked bad, there is no kind way of putting it. Eli's goal to complete 70% of his passes look like a far off dream. With that said I still think there are some useable pieces heading into their matchup with Detroit tonight. The best offense production is going to come from Rashad Jennings. He is going to be a RB2 in PPR leagues with low end RB1 potential. The Giants have made it clear they want to put extra emphasis in their run game and with Eli having to throw short routes will dump it off to him often. My sleeper I debated with I think Jernigan has potential to make 7-8 catches out of the slot tonight but Rueben Randle is my sleeper because of his touchdown potential. He is the Giants best red zone threat. My bust for this game is Victor Cruz, his projections are 7-8 catches for 75-100 yards. With the offense struggling this much I don't see him getting the yards. I think he finish more around 5 catches for 55-60 yards.

The Detroit Lions offense is potent and the Giants defense has question marks. They trashed talk Calvin Johnson and anyone who follows football knows that if you tell Calvin you'll shut him down than he'll go off. My best sleeper option is Reggie Bush, the Giants secondary is its strength this season as they made some key additions in the off season. There is still a question to Beason's health who will see his first action of the season after missing the entire pre season. Before Beason joined the Giants last year they were one of the worst defense in the league. If Beason isn't 100% than I can see both Bush and Bell having big games. My bust for the game is Golden Tate he is going to be matched up against some very good corners no matter where he lines up and will have a difficult time making big plays.

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals:
Philip Rivers had a comeback season last year and Keenan Allen emerged as his go to guy. The best offensive player in this game is going to Danny Woodhead. An unusual candidate but I think he possesses the biggest match up problem for the Cardinals defense. My sleeper is Malcom Floyd, Peterson is going to be all over Keenan Allen and is going to have a very quiet game.

The Arizona Cardinals offense has big time potential and I think Michael Floyd is going to be their best option to score big. He has the potential to make some big plays down field and I am low on Larry Fitzgerald this year and think Floyd takes over as the teams best receiver. My sleeper is John Brown, the Cardinals have been raving about this talent this preseason and will look to use him often in this offense. My biggest bust is Andre Ellington with the questions about his healthy even if he does play I wouldn't want to start him and I don't think the Cardinals risk him injurying it further so his touches would be pretty low.

No comments:

Post a Comment