Thursday, September 18, 2014

Preview: Thursday Night Football

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons:

Best Options: If there is one thing we know the Atlanta Falcons are good at home. That is why I am taking Julio Jones to have a big game this week. Matt Ryan will get back on track against a poor Buccaneers secondary. Roddy White is questionable heading into the game and that means a lot of targets going to Jones.

Atlanta has had a difficult time stopping the pass the last two weeks. Even against a beaten down Bengals wide receiver corps they still allowed a big play. I expect Mike Evans has his first real break out game in the NFL. He has had glimpses so far these first two weeks but hasn't been consistent yet. He seems to be McCown's favorite target of the big 2 receivers.

Sleepers: I think the Falcons want to reestablish their run game because it has been missing the first two weeks. Stephen Jackson is healthy and with Gerald McCoy out with a broken hand I think they attack this defense on the ground early. Jackson still has something left in the tank and had a productive game last week even though he didn't get that many carries.

I am sticking with the running back theme here and I am going with Bobby Rainey. If Doug Martin misses this game again and Rainey gets the majority of the carries than he is going to have a monster game. He is the best running back on this team with top 10 potential.

Busts: It is a short week and Roddy White is having some issues, because of this I think he has a quiet game. Most Thursday night games lead to a couple disappointing fantasy scores and a lot of times it is from banged up veterans.

Vincent Jackson doesn't seem to be a favorite of Josh McCown and even though I like the matchup against this Falcons secondary I just don't see him making any big splashes. He is lower level WR2 for me right now but if his play continues at this level he may drop down into WR3 consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment