Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fantasy Implications: Wes Welker

News came out today that Wes Welker will be suspended the first four games of the season for Amphetamines. I wasn't expecting him to play this week and was skeptical of his health over the season and when I post my wide receiver rankings I will move Welker down some from where I had him but not much.

For the Broncos this of course raises the stock of Emmanuel Sanders. He is not the same type of player Wes is because Sanders talent comes from straight line speed and not quickness and excellent route running. I would stash Cody Latimer with a late round pick now since he is more than likely going to trade off and on with Caldwell as WR3. Latimer was a top receiver in this years draft and the early chances could yield flex play ability with a ceiling of a WR3 for the first couple of weeks if he is starting over Caldwell. I would monitor close but I'd rather have Latimer on the back end of my bench right now over Britt, Boykins & Nicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment