Monday, September 1, 2014

Fantasy Impact: Derek Carr

Derek Carr was my top rookie quarterback coming out of college this season and he is now the first rookie quarterback to be announced as a starter this season. I have Carr as my #28 so in most standard leagues there is no need to own him. In deeper leagues or dynasty leagues I may stash him on the bench if I have an extra spot. He has a young receiving core in James Jones, Brice Butler, Andre Holmes and Rod Streater. As with any young rookie QB I don't think him starting over Schaub would change my projections for them. The guy who I think benefits the most though, Tight End Mychal Rivera. Rivera was the 23rd ranked tight end last season, he was 3rd on the team in receptions and second on the team in TD receptions. I would move Rivera into my top 20 Tight Ends now, with the upside to be a starter in 16 team leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment