Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sunday Quick Thoughts Preview

For those looking for start/sit advice feel free to shoot my some tweets @Sully80sports. Today I'll provide my Best team fantasy option, sleeper and biggest bust.

Arizona Cardinals at New York Giants:
Best Option: This offense looked terrible last game and the wide receivers had zero chemistry with Eli Manning. But I have a feeling that Victor Cruz will have a good game this week. After his frustration last week I think Eli goes out of his way to get his star wide out the ball.

The Giants struggled to communicate on deep plays in the secondary, if Carson Palmer is healthy and able to play I like Michael Floyd exploding for some big plays. He is this team's new #1 wide receiver and is going to continue his big year that I am expecting.

Sleeper: Eli typically has a top fantasy tight end until last year when Brandon Myers didn't pan out. I think Larry Donnell has another strong game for the Giants. He makes athletic catches over the middle and can create separation when running from linebackers.

Andre Ellington isn't expected to do anything big because of his injury and that is exactly why he is going to have a good game. He is a high risk high reward player because the chances that his injury flares up and he barely players is just as big as him putting up RB1 numbers. The Giants struggled to contain both Bell and Bush and I think Ellington provides a little of what they both do.

 Bust: Danny Woodhead had a quiet game as the receiving back and Ryan Matthews had a quiet game as the running back even though he did have a nice touchdown run. Rashad Jennings will struggle this game because the Cardinals will stack the box and make this Giants team beat them with the pass.

Most of the time this season I'll reserve this spot for Larry Fitzgerald but I actually think he may see a good amount of targets this season. But Carson Palmer has a sore shoulder and from what I am hearing he may not play this Sunday. Even if Palmer can go his shoulder may not allow him to take to many shots down field.

New England Patriots at Minnesota Vikings:
 
 Best Option: The Patriots struggled mightily in the 2nd half against the Dolphins defense. I think they need to reestablish the run game and Shane Vereen is the guy who will get the touches. Best way to slow down a pass rush is to have a good run game. I also like Gronkowski as the Rams most routes run were by tight ends.

The Patriots are going to game plan to shut down Cordarelle Patterson and I think that allows Greg Jennings to have a good game. If the Vikings can get a touchdown I think it'll be to Jennings. Especially now that Adrian Peterson has been announced as inactive.

Sleeper: Last game their was a surprise on the inactives list, Aaron Dobson, which took away an option in the Patriots offense which is the threat of the deep ball. Expect him to play this weekend and get some opportunities for a big player or 2.

The Vikings are lacking in offensive options and without Peterson they have two unknowns at running back. I think Kyle Rudolph will be the safety valve in this offense and get the majority of the targets. I had a suspicion he wasn't going to be that involved last week but that will change against the Patriots.

Bust: Tom Brady will struggle this week until the offensive line can figure out how to protect him. I think he has a better game than last week but he will remain outside the top 10 for him for the time being.

Cordarelle Patterson is going to have to deal with Darelle Revis all game long and last week he only saw a couple of passing targets. With Peterson out of the game the Patriots can focus on the plays in which Patterson is running with the ball. I expect a very difficult game ahead for Patterson.

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills:

Best Option: Matt Forte had over a 150 yards of total offense last game against the Bills. Knowshon Moreno had a monster game against the Patriots and he'll continue his first game success against this Bills team. I don't see the type of game Forte had in the line for Moreno because Miller is the pass catching back of this duo.

The Dolphins defense is legit and I am not sure we will get any fantasy relevance from them but if I had to pick the best option for them this weekend it'll be Fred Jackson. I am not a big fan of Spiller and I think people are over celebrating a relatively average performance from him last week. Jackson will get the red zone touches.

Sleeper: I might be making to early of a call on this and he is probably still a couple of weeks away before we start talking about him. But I really like Jarvis Landry in this offense. Last week no other receiver stepped up behind Mike Wallace and I think at some point Landry is going to get his shot.

Julian Edelman did what he usually does and that was rack up catches out of the slot against this team. I think Sammy Watkins will be much improved this week and he will see a lot of touches. I think the Bills kept his touches low because of his injury but he is feeling better and he is to explosive of a player not to see more action.

Busts: I only put Mike Wallace here because of his hamstring woes. His game is built on his speed and your hamstring plays a vital role in that. I still think he has the potential of a monster game but the hamstring issue causes me to play cautiously and start another good wide receiver.

C.J. Spiller's numbers have continually dropped each year. Even after a decent game last week his numbers were still below last seasons and last season was a career low for him. I would still play him in my flex but I would be wary of him all season.

Jacksonville Jaguars at Washington Redskins:

Best Option: I like Allen Hurns after the preseason and he had a very good first game. With Cecil Shorts looking like he'll be out and Marqise Lee nursing a hamstring injury Hurns will be the deep threat again this game. Redskins secondary isn't great and even though they had an admirable game they still gave up the home run to DeAndre Hopkins.

Both Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson saw the majority of the targets last game. Because of how bad this offensive line is I am worried RGIII doesn't have enough time to throw any of his deep passes. I think Pierre Garcon has the better game of the two of them because RGIII trusts him a bit more.

Sleeper: I am not sure who is going to be able to have a good game other than Hurns in this offense with everyone injured. Word out of Jacksonville is that Toby Gerhart is going to give it a go but I don't trust him on that ankle. I think Denard Robinson might have a chance to actually make a big play in this game but I see him as a receiving back more than anything.

Niles Paul is a very athletic tight end and with Jordan Reed basically being ruled out for Sunday Paul will get the majority of the snaps at tight end. RGIII loves dumping off quick passes in this offense and Paul should see a fair amount of targets to make him a nice replacement for owners of Jordan Reed who need another TE.

Busts: He was my bust last week and that panned out pretty well and he is my bust again this week. Toby Gerhart is not worth playing with that ankle injury. I know he is a tempting play because of the game Foster had last week but I don't trust that ankle to hold up for a full 4 quarters.

Alfred Morris continues to just run along putting up decent fantasy points every week. I actually like the Jaguars front 7 and even though they gave up the big run last week to Sproles they played relatively well. I think Morris struggles and the Redskins try to open up the passing game.

Dallas Cowboys at Tennessee Titans:

Best Options: Dez Bryant is a top 3 receiver in this league and he'll have a good game against a very good defense. The Titans have a sneaky good defense but the Cowboys are going to have throw a lot against them because the Titans offense is going to score some points.

Jake Locker has a lot of options on the offensive side of the ball and with the Cowboys defense struggling in the secondary I except Locker to be able to hit a home run possibly 2. Locker is averaging over 17 fantasy points per game since the beginning of last year and that would place him as a consistent top 10 quarterback.

Sleepers:  It seemed to me that Tony Romo played a good defense and now everyone is writing him off. He'll look to redeem himself against another good defense and I think he'll cut down on the turnovers but it won't be a monster fantasy day. He will be a good fantasy QB this season and definitely a starter in 16 teams leagues this week.

Vernon Davis had a good game last week against the Cowboys and I think Delanie Walker could see the same type of production in the red zone as Davis did.

Busts: Demarco Murray is a great back and an excellent PPR back but so isn't Jamaal Charles who got shut down by this defense last week. The Titans are gonna score early and this game will turn into a passing heavy game for the Cowboys.

Shonn Greene had a decent game last week, decent enough that some people might play him in their flex especially since Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde had good games last week. I think the Titans go to the air most of this game and Greene's touches go way down.

New Orleans Saints at Cleveland Browns:

Best Options: Marques Colston is said to be running a lot in the slot this week and that means a lot of targets from Drew Brees. I suspect Cooks has a bit quieter of a game than he did in week 1 and Colston is the fantasy wide receiver to start this week.

Terrance West I am normally not a big believer in rookie running backs putting up consecutive big games but I think he could be very successful against the Saints. The Browns will look to run early and offense to keep that Drew Brees led offense off the field.

Sleepers: Pierre Thomas was un-Pierre Thomas like last game and I think the Saints go back to getting their dual threat RB active in the offense again. He is a dynamic player that creates mismatches for the offense and the Saints know he needs to be utilized more than he was last week.

I am not sure if I can technically put him here after the game he had last week but Andrew Hawkins isn't getting the love he deserves. He saw a team high in targets, the best receiving option for the Browns (Jordan Cameron) is hurt and that'll most likely increases the amount of looks he gets. Two years ago he had fantasy relevancy with the Bengals and I think he returns to form especially in PPR leagues from here on out.

Busts: The Saints typically spread the ball around to their wide receivers and it can be different every week. I think this week Brandin Cooks has a quieter game especially since everyone is thinking he is the top option at wide receiver. He is a good flex play but I look at him more as a WR3 now.

Jordan Cameron is still questionable for Sunday's game and I see many people still have him in their starting lineups. Even if healthy enough to play all it takes is one shot to his shoulder for him to need to come out and rest. He isn't worth the risk this week and you can find some better match up tight ends this week.

Atlanta Falcons at Cincinnati Bengals:

Best Options: Julio Jones is one of my favorite 5 receivers this season and I think every week he is a start and I like him this week. Steve Smith broke free against this defense in week 1 and Julio will be able to do the same thing.

AJ Green had a monster game in week one and he gets matched up against a team that surrender a heck of a lot of passing yards in week 1. AJ is a threat to go off every week and this week will be one of his biggest this season.

Sleepers: Devin Hester was 4th in targets for the wide receivers but I think the Falcons are going to try and find more ways to get him the ball in space. Every year we have inclinations of Hester's ability in the open field but it never comes to fruition. I like Hester as a potential flex play this week.

Jermaine Gresham is going to take over the Eifert targets and in the red zone last game was a top target for the Bengals. If you had an injured tight end i.e. Jordan Reed, Jordan Cameron & Tyler Eifert etc.. Than Gresham could be a sneaky tight end play this week.

Busts: Steven Jackson he's just not getting the touches he needs to be a starting running back in fantasy leagues. At 31, he still has talent and can contribute on this team if given the touches. I would still monitor how he is used because if healthy he could become an impact runner for this team.

Giovani Bernard is a top young back in this league and after last weeks performance we know he is here to stay. I like him in this matchup but I don't like him as a top 10 running back for the week like many are presuming. Temper expectations this week as I suspect a lot of passing will go on.

Detroit Lions at Carolina Panthers:

Best Options: The Panthers are going to be ready for the Lions offensive attack but I think Golden Tate is going to be the guy they pay the least attention to. He has the ability to make plays in space and will get plenty of opportunities in this game.

Greg Olsen will get plenty of looks from Cam Newton this week. I think this is Cam's favorite weapon in his offense and after seeing what Donnell on the Giants could do I have confidence in a big game from the Panthers.

Sleepers: The only reason I am putting him on this list is because I think Stafford will have to check down often. Reggie Bush is going to have a good PPR game and Bell is going to have a tough time rushing the football.

Not sure Kelvin Benjamin can be considered a sleeper anymore after his week 1 performance but I think he has another big game this week. He will have another good game this week and I like him as high as a WR2 this week.

Busts: Joique Bell is going to have a tough time getting anything going in the run game this week because the Panthers front 7 is just too good.

DeAngelo Williams is looking like he won't play this week and even if he does he'll have a tough time being able to run against this front 7. I expect a very quiet game running for both defenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment