Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday Night Preview: Who to Start

New York Giants:
Starters:                                                                                         
Victor Cruz WR2                                                                          
Rueben Randle WR3
Rashad Jennings RB1
Eli Manning QB2
Larry Donnell TE2

The Giants offense seems to be figuring it out and Eli is beginning to complete the passes. Washington has a surprisingly good run defense but with all the RBs on byes this week and with so many injured I think Jennings could be a back end RB1. As for the WRs I feel comfortable with Cruz starting but he is a late WR2 early WR3 type of player this week. He definitely had his best game of the season last week and I think Thursday night will be a shoot out. Eli Manning is creeping into the top 15 but I would still hold off on him for now. If he can continue to play turnover free football than he is worth be looked at in most leagues.


Washington Redskins:
Starters:
Desean Jackson WR2
Pierre Garcon WR2
Kirk Cousins QB1
Niles Paul TE1
Alfred Morris RB1

I think this game is going to look like the Philadelphia Washington game from last week. I like Desean Jackson and Pierre Garcon this week but one will be a high end WR2 and the other more of a low end WR2/high end WR3. It is not known who Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will cover but the Giants (outside of week 1) do a good job eliminating the deep plays downfield. Because of that I think I'd go with Garcon to have the better game. Beason seems unlikely to play and because of that I think Alfred Morris will have a very strong guy and vie for the top RB of the week type numbers. Kirk Cousins will have another very good week but I would expect a small regression from last week. Niles Paul is a top TE in PPR leagues and a decent play in standard leagues.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment