Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Preview

Kansas City at Denver Broncos:
Best Options: The Kansas City Chiefs struggled mightily against the Tennessee Titans last week. The one positive for Jamaal Charles owners was that they tried to get him involved early and often in that game. They fell behind so much they needed to move to a heavy passing game looking for big gains. I think Charles rebounds this week and has a very good game.
If there is one thing we learned last year was that if one Bronco receiver has a quiet game one week he is sure to have a big game the following week. Demaryius Thomas is that guy this week. Justin Hunter had 10 targets last week for the Titans and they looked for him deep often. I suspect the same thing from the Broncos.
Sleeper: Donnie Avery led the team in targets and I think will play well out of the slot in this game. Dwayne Bowe is returning from his suspension but I haven’t viewed him as a fantasy relevant player in a few years, my guy this game is Avery.
Cody Latimer has sleeper potential and yes I say this after he didn’t see a single target week 1. Caldwell has been there longer and therefore was given the first opportunity but he didn’t do much with it. The potential is to good for them not to give this kid a shot.
Busts: Dwayne Bowe might be one of my most hated fantasy receivers. After having him in a league of mine for a couple of years I can’t stand the inconsistency of a once top 10 wide receiver. I am avoiding him in all leagues.
Julius Thomas is the least likely candidate to copy his week 1 performance. He is a match up nightmare but with how weak the corners are in Kansas City I see Manning going to the other Thomas more often.

St. Louis Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Best Option: Last week a rookie wide receiver by the name of Kelvin Benjamin had an excellent game against this Tampa Bay secondary. I think top option Brian Quick can have the same type of game. I am not a big fan of anyone in the Rams offense but if anyone does anything fantasy relevant it’ll be Quick.
Vincent Jackson is due to have a good game against this Rams secondary. Greg Jennings had a very productive game as the Vikings #1 route runner and I can see Jackson exploding in this game.
Sleeper: Zac Stacy owners excite wait nevermind it’s Zac Stacy, I like Benny Cunningham in this game to lead the Rams backfield in touches. I think they need some excitement out of the backfield and he provides the best potential in that sense.
Mike Evans will also have a good game. I don’t trust the running game right now in Tampa Bay and I think they try and sling the ball around this game and take advantage of an injured defense.
Busts: Tavon Austin was not a significant part of the offense last week even though Jeff Fisher told us he wanted to get his wide receiver more touches. He continues to be a low light for fantasy owners.
Tampa Bay Running backs, I don’t know who is going to start and play or get the most touches what I do know is I don’t want to start any of them period.

Seattle Seahawks at San Diego Chargers:
Best Options: With the way the Seattle Seahawks are using Percy Harvin I think that really opens up the running lanes for Marshawn Lynch who I think has another big game.
The one thing we learned last week in the Chargers first game is that Antonio Gates is back and needs to be a starting Tight End in all leagues. Surprisingly enough he is still available in a lot of leagues. I would start him this week and keep starting him until he gets hurt.
Sleeper: I think Russell Wilson will take a couple shots downfield and that means a big game for Doug Baldwin. Last week they stayed strong with the run game but the Chargers did a decent job against the Cardinals in that sense. I think Baldwin has atleast one big touchdown catch.
The Chargers are going to have to throw to stay in this game and Keenan Allen will be moved all over the formation. That is a good thing because Richard Sherman stays on his side of the field and doesn’t follow the #1 receiver around the field. I think he has a WR2/3 type of game.
Busts: I was wrong last week with my assumption that Percy Harvin would be a bust but now expectations are to high and I don’t think he is able to match the same performance he had last week. He is still starter worthy but I see WR3 type numbers today.
Malcolm Floyd had a touchdown last week and was looked at as a big time sleeper going into that game. I think the opposite is true this week and I expect a very quiet game from the veteran receiver.
Houston Texans at Oakland Raiders:
Best Options: The one thing we learned last week is disgruntled or not Andre Johnson is still the best receiver on this team and one of the best in the league. I expect a big game for him against this Raiders defense.
The Raiders had a decent game passing the ball last week with both James Jones and Rod Streater scoring TDs, but this week if I had to pick between the two I am taking Rod Streater to have another strong PPR performance.
Sleepers: He is already a RB1 but Arian Foster will be the #1 running back this week for fantasy owners. Questions all preseason about his health were all but forgotten after a strong first game and he gets a great matchup today.
The Raiders took plenty of deep shots last game but couldn’t connect, I think that changes this week and I think Denarius Moore will hit a home run this game. He is a boom or bust guy because I don’t think he’ll have many catches but I do think he’ll get a TD.
Busts: Outside of his long TD catch DeAndre Hopkins had a very quiet game against a not very good defense. He had an up and down season last year but the lack of targets was concerning.
Maurice Jones-Drew looked bad last week and sounds like Oakland is going to a running back by committee and whoever his running well in the game gets the majority of the carries. No Raider RB is worth starting at this time and I question if any are worth owning till a leader of the pack emerges.
New York Jets at Green Bay Packers:
Best Options: I think the Jets are going to have to pass often in this game because the Packers are going to be looking to make a statement after their opening game. Look for Eric Decker to be involved early and often.
Jordy Nelson is going to find the endzone today and I see him putting up similar numbers to what he had in week 1 just adding a TD to that stat line.
Sleepers: Both running backs had good games last week for the Jets but this week Chris Johnson is going to see the most touches. I expect a very good PPR game for Johnson.
Last week Jarrett Boykin didn’t get a single target but that was because he had the task of being covered by Richard Sherman all game. I think this week the Packers make it a point to get some targets to their young receiver.
Busts: Geno Smith had plenty of turnovers against a decent Raiders defense but this week he has to face the Packers. If there is one thing this defense specializes in it is creating turnovers.

The Packers are going to focus on more passing this week and I think we will see more evenly distributed carries while Eddie Lacy who has been cleared plays after receiving a concussion last week. I expect a very average game from the Packers young star.

No comments:

Post a Comment