Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Surprise! Who Should You Start?

Quarterbacks:

Jake Locker Tennessee Titans: Locker's history shows you he has top 10 potential when healthy. He doesn't turn the ball over often for a QB who throws it on average of 30+ times a game and has big play potential wide receivers. I think this is the year for Locker and Whisenhunt is the coach to bring his talent out. I am starting Jake Locker over these Quarterbacks this week:
Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady, Robert Griffin

Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks: Those who read my predraft rankings know I love Russell Wilson this season. His talent is undeniable and if you just look at the stats he is a top 5 QB. Carson Palmer had running success against the Chargers and threw for 300. I expect a monster fantasy day from Wilson and I am starting him over every quarterback except for Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

Running Backs:

Le'Veon Bell Pittsburgh Steelers: He has a tough match up running the football against the Ravens defense, but two things are in his favor. One, the distraction the Ravens are going through I don't think their minds will be completely in this game. Two, Giovani Bernard had 6 catches for over 60 yards and 100 total yards. Bell is used just as much in the passing game and his a much more physical runner. He seems to be playing with a different burst this season. I am starting Bell over Eddie Lacy, DeMarco Murray & Alfred Morris.

Knowshon Moreno Miami Dolphins: Moreno was a bit of a surprise week 1 because the Patriots run defense was thought to be pretty good this year. He has a great match up this week with the Bills who allowed over 150 total yards to Matt Forte. While he does split duties a bit with Miller his talent in this offense will keep him in the lead. I like Moreno a lot this week and I am starting him over Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, C.J Spiller and Doug Martin.

Wide Receivers:

Justin Hunter & Kendall Wright Tennessee Titans: I have Jake Locker so high for a reason, the cowboys defense is terrible and these two wide receivers have the potential for monster games. Hunter was targeted a team high 10 times last week converting 3 for 63 and Wright turned his 7 targets into 6 catches for 46 and a touchdown. I like Hunter for a touchdown over Wright this game but I expect Wright to be a PPR machine. I am starting Wright over Julian Edelman, Larry Fitzgerald and TY Hilton. I am starting Hunter over Eric Decker, Victor Cruz and Keenan Allen.

Reggie Wayne Indianapolis Colts: Allen Hurns had a big game against the Eagles and Marqise Lee had a very respectable game as well. Wayne is clearly back and is definitely Luck's favorite target. That is all I need to make him a top 20 WR. I am starting Wayne over Jeremy Maclin, Roddy White and Vincent Jackson.

Tight Ends:

Antonio Gates San Diego Chargers: Philip Rivers also gets his favorite receiver back. Gates is getting old and health is declining but he was good enough to look like a top 10 tight end for me Monday night and I say ride him while he is healthy. I am starting Gates over Jordan Cameron, Jason Witten & Delanie Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment